You can find the information you need about the cookies we use on our site on this page. By continuing to browse our site, you consent to our placing cookies on your computer, unless you have disabled them via your browser. If you do not allow cookies on your computer you will not be able to shop on our site.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a piece of data that is placed on an internet user’s computer memory. The cookie contains information set by the site’s server and it can be used when a user visits the site. They are designed to remember things that the user has done whilst on a website in the past, for example links clicked or updates to a shopping basket.
Cookies are not computer programs and cannot be used to circulate viruses. The cookies we use on our website are used in many ways, including:
- To remember your preferences
- To find out what the website doesn’t do well and make improvements to it in future
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook; and
- Make sure advertising on other websites is relevant to you
- To keep a record of the products you’ve put in your shopping bag for next time you visit
- To make personalised product recommendations, based upon your previous times you’ve shopped on the website
Types of Cookies
Session (or Transient) Cookies
Session cookies are stored in your computer’s memory for the length of your browsing session. After the session has been inactive for a certain time they become inaccessible and are automatically deleted from your computer when the browser is closed. These cookies let you move from page to page without having to continuously log-in.
Persistent (or Permanent) Cookies
Persistent cookies are stored on your computer memory and are not deleted when the browser is closed. They keep your preferences for the website and will be remembered for next time you visit. These cookies collect information about the numbers of visitors, the average time spent on a particular page and analyse shopping behaviour. This information is used to find out how the well the website works and where it can be improved.
Many websites that contain Flash can also store small files on your computer that are used in the same way as cookies. Website choose to use Flash Cookies as these can hold more information than regular cookies Websites choose to use Flash Cookies as these can hold more information than regular cookies. When you delete cookies via your browser, your Flash cookies are unlikely to be affected. A website may therefore still recognise your preferences if it used a Flash cookie to save them initially.
We may choose to work with selected companies to provide additional content and services, for example reviews. These companies may also set cookies on our behalf.
Advertising on other websites
Cookies may be used to advertise relevant products to you on other websites, based on the products and categories you looked at on malika.co.uk. These ads are shown by third party vendors, including Google.
The data contained in the cookie used in these adverts is anonymous and doesn’t contain any of your personal details. To opt out of these ads please visit the Network Advertising Initiative Page and / or Google’s ad setting page:
Sharing with social networks
If you use the buttons to share products and content with friends via social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, these companies may set a cookie on your computer memory.
You can find out more about these here:
Opting Out Of All Cookies
If you opted out of all cookies set by malika.co.uk and associated websites, then you will not be able to place an order on our site, although you can still browse our site.
If you disable Flash cookies, you will not be able to watch some of the videos on our site.
How do I opt out of cookies?
You can manage the cookies that you allow on your computer through the internet browser that you use. You can also ask to be alerted every time a cookie is offered. There are instructions on how to manage your cookies using the most popular internet browsers below.
First find out which internet browser you use:
PC – click on ‘Help’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘About’
Apple Mac – click on the Apple menu and select ‘About’ (make sure the browser is open)
Opting out of cookies in Internet Explorer
- Choose ‘Tools’
- Click on ‘Internet Options’
- Click the ‘Privacy’ tab
- Move the slider to choose your settings
- For more detailed privacy settings click on ‘Advanced’
Opting out of cookies in Safari
- Choose ‘Preferences’ from Safari menu
- Select ‘Security
- Cookie settings are shown
- Choose your settings
Opting out of cookies in Google Chrome
- Click on the ‘Tools’ menu
- Select ‘Options’
- Click the ‘Under the Bonnet’ tab
- Find the ‘Privacy’ section
- Click ‘Content settings’
- Click the ‘Cookie settings’ tab and choose your settings
Opting out of cookies in Mozilla Firefox
- Click on ‘Menu’, then ‘Options’
- Select ‘Privacy’
- Select ‘Cookies’
- Choose your settings
Opting out of cookies in AOL
- From the AOL toolbar, select ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Internet Options’
- Select ‘Use your Internet Explorer Settings to set advanced browser options’
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab
- Select ‘Advanced’
- Deselect override automatic cookie handling button
- Choose your settings
Opting out of Flash Cookies
- If you’d like to control the use of Flash Cookies on your computer, Adobe’s website offers tools to do this.
- If you use Mozilla Firefox to browse the internet, you can use an add-on to find and delete Flash Cookies